Soaring Eagle Award--First Grade
- Have no more than 5 unexcused absences and no more than 5 tardies.
- Enter Oakcrest Elementary’s Reflections contest-show and explain your complete project.
- Participate in a community service project with family, church, or another organization and present a report to the class of what you did.
- Take a family field trip during the school year. You will need to write a one-page report and bring a poster with pictures to share with the class.
- Write a story to share with the class. It needs to be at least four pages, typed and illustrated (or) create your own ABC book.
- Learn how to tie shoes and zip jacket.
- Memorize addition facts 0-20. The teacher will test this item with a mixed addition timed test.
- Extracurricular activity (ex. Music, sport, dance, art etc.). Bring in a picture, trophy or another artifact that shows participation.
- Complete a book report at home and share with the class. The book report can be a diorama, poster, or song. Present a summary of the book and why you liked it.
- Memorize and be able to write your name, address, phone number, and birthday. The teacher will pass this off in class.
- Share an animal report with the class. Your teacher will give you specific requirements for your animal report.
- Consult with the teacher to make sure there are no missing classroom or homework assignments.
- Learn songs and participate in the first-grade music program.
- Leadership/ Citizenship- 1. Recognize a needed improvement for first-grade citizenship in the classroom. 2. Write a remedy for the behavior. 3. Lead the class to adopt the remedy in the classroom. Consult with the teacher for ideas.
- Pass off the 107 Zeno sight words with the teacher.
Students must complete 12 of the 15 requirements to earn the Soaring Eagle Award